Like thousands of our members you may be getting ready for the back to school rush. If not you, maybe someone in your home is getting ready to head back to college after the Summer break or someone is preparing for their first day of school? If this is the case, we want to take this opportunity to let you know that we’re here to help and to fill you in on some of the reasons why borrowing for Back to School with Dubco Credit Union makes more sense:
- Provided whoever will benefit from the Education Loan is a member of Dubco, we will offer you a rate of 4.97% (5.08% APR) instead of the standard 6.99% (7.22% APR).
- Our IT Equipment Loan, at a rate of 2.97% (3.01% APR) is the perfect option if you need to invest in a new tablet or laptop to help with school and college work. It might even be the ideal choice for a student to take out their first loan.
- Lending is based on your ability to repay, not on the amount of savings in your account.
- You don’t have to be a member for a certain period of time before you can borrow.
- No penalties for early repayment, lump sum payments or increased repayments on all loans.
- Repayments are calculated on your reducing balance, so you pay less interest with each repayment.
- All our loans qualify for any interest rebates that are paid by Dubco.
- Loans are insured up to €75,000 at no direct cost to you. This is available for all eligible members, eligible loans and subject to terms and conditions. That means a member’s debt dies with them and isn’t passed on to their family.
If you think one of the loans above might be something you’d like to avail of, you can check out exactly how much your loan is going to cost here.