Your Credit Union is Governed by you, the Members.
Are you interested in joining the Board of Directors, Board Oversight Committee or another volunteer position in Dubco?
The Nomination Committee is creating a panel of suitable candidates to fill current and future Governance vacancies. Induction and ongoing training is provided free to successful candidates.
For more information e-mail your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org with “FAO Nomination Committee” in the subject line.
Why volunteer at Dubco
- To learn new skills
- To improve professional skills and increase employability
- To increase self confidence
- To have a heightened sense of achievement
- To do something they enjoy
- To make a difference, a desire to help others
- To give back, for example when you or a family member have benefited from the organisation
- To meet new people, have a sense of belonging or community
- When asked by someone they value
- They hold the organisation, and it’s ethos, in high esteem
- You will gain excellent experience in how a large member based organisation is run and of corporate governance.
You must be or become a member of the Credit Union to volunteer.
Members with qualifications, experience or an interest in the following fields would be an advantage:
- ICT & Cyber Security
- Strategic Planning & Business Development
- Law or Regulatory Compliance
- Risk Management
Certain roles are subject to the Central Bank of Ireland’s Fitness and Probity requirements. Information on these requirements is provided if relevant to the role applied for.
The expected time commitment for directors or oversight committee is approximately 6 hours per month*. This includes attendance at the monthly board meeting, reading documents in advance of the board meeting, reading documents relating to the governance of the credit union or any other relevant documents, training and attendance at the annual general meeting. There may be other ad-hoc items that arise that may require your attendance.
*The expected time commitment may vary and does not include any additional study that the director wishes to undertake. If you join one of the board committees you may be required to give an additional hour or two per month.